4.14.2005

MIAMI

Before I set out at sea, I spend a week in the sexiest city in America: Miami.

As my plane soars high above the city, I watch as the green marshiness of the Everglades give way to multi-million dollar villas and palm-lined freeways. With its world-renowned nightlife and Hollywood hotspots, Miami has always been a playground for the young, hot, and wealthy. It's a shame that my hotel is located in the warehouse/stripmall friendly area of Doral, rather than South Beach (as was promised).

Miami is everything I expect it to be; a pulsating city fueled by cash and martinis, tempered by the sweltering Southern heat and a fusion of cultures. The city and atmosphere possess a fiery orange tinge, just as seen on CSI: Miami. No dead bodies though.

There's something here that my eyes don't agree with. As soon as I land at the airport, my eyes begin to water and itch as they eventually reject the contact lenses that are usually permitted. I spend the entire week wearing my glasses. There must be something in the air... J. Lo's latest fragrance, perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home